Community

THE ONLY WAY TO GET PRIORITY BOOKING IS WITH

JOIN TODAY

Recommendations, memories, tips, booking, advice and much more - right here

We want your feedback!

Poll

What do you want to see on Club950 next?

Please login or register to take part in this poll.

Ability to leave holiday reviews and ratings
Upload your £9.50 photos
Top 10s (e.g. Top 10 parks for kids, Top 10 things to do on site/off site, Top 10 local attractions)
Prize Draws
A bigger, better forum

950Team

We want your feedback!
« on: May 12, 2015, 04:01:35 pm »
Thanks so much for being a part of The Sun club950 community – over 60,000 forum members and we’ve only been live since January! We want to reward you by making the site even better.

This could mean being able to review your £9.50 holidays or post photos, scrolling through Top 10s and regular prize drawers or it could mean all of these things! Go on, tell us what you want next.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:23:07 pm by 950Team »

BazzyB

Re: We want your feedback!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:01:51 pm »
Two things that are needed, in my opinion:

1) Ability to post 'clickable' URLs, would be very handy when posting links to the FAQs etc when getting repe****ive basic questions.

2) More moderation, or at least more visable moderation. There is very little 'official' input into the forum from anybody. If the forum is in fact intended to be relatively autonomous, then perhaps some volunteer moderators from the community could be utilised to at least keep threads tidy and to quickly get rid of spam.

essex boy

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:33:23 am »
I agree with Bazzy,with plans in place to stop newbies/spammers posting links.
Also we'd like to see a Dog section,as that would help dog owners find the information they need quickly and easily.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »
I would love to see a section "pay only ...." with all the parks that are £9.50/£15 only instead of having to click on every single park to see at the bottom.

BazzyB

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 07:38:32 pm »
Thanks so much for being a part of The Sun club950 community – over 60,000 forum members and we’ve only been live since January! We want to reward you by making the site even better.

This could mean being able to review your £9.50 holidays or post photos, scrolling through Top 10s and regular prize drawers or it could mean all of these things! Go on, tell us what you want next.

This very thread is a perfect example of what is needed for this forum - you have asked a question, people have replied, and then nothing. No further responses or acknowledgement from Admin whatsoever.

In the meantime, the forum is being neglected and riddled with spam - just look at the 20 most recent posts, 12 of these are spam (mostly consisting of gibberish), it is difficult to spot the genuine posts from people who have questions and it doesn't look like a very welcoming place when it is full of nonsensical spammy posts.

So I repeat my earlier post and ask for more moderation, please. Just to keep the forum tidy and in order, and to show people that they are actually being listened to. This doesn't necessarily have to be paid employees, you could utilise volunteer moderators from the community who have limited functions to move posts & suppress spam.

essex boy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:14 am »
Lately even reports of Spam are being ignored.

essex boy

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:37:16 pm »
Lately even reports of Spam are being ignored.
This is now beyond a joke.
Over 100 spam posts reported and ignored.
I will be looking at who to contact letting them know that the forum has been infiltrated by spammers and despite the posts,reports, and begs for help from the two people who really care about this forum..ie me and Baz things are getting worse.

essex boy

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 10:58:38 pm »
Posts are finally being deleted but the moderation team remains the same.
That's like putting a plaster over a stab wound.

essex boy

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 09:36:30 pm »
It's a quirk of the board, you can lock your own thread for no apparent reason. OP presumably ticked the box without knowing what it meant.
get rid of this quirk please :)

BazzyB

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 07:09:45 am »
It's a quirk of the board, you can lock your own thread for no apparent reason. OP presumably ticked the box without knowing what it meant.

I'd rather the spam problem was sorted out first!

essex boy

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:13 pm »

I'd rather the spam problem was sorted out first!
I've tried so hard to get through to them,even going higher up.
Like hitting my head against a brick wall.
I no longer report the spam posts.

essex boy

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 08:01:00 pm »
Wow this spammers being having fun
24 hours so far free to post at will with not a single post deleted.
General Statistics - CNSalibaeduh
Total Time Spent Online:8 minutes.Total Posts:132 postsTotal Topics Started:132 topics

I'll keep you posted of how well Admin and co are doing to keep this under control.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 08:03:15 pm by essex boy »

essex boy

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 05:57:10 am »
He has now been posting hourly for 3 days,and not a single deletion
Total Time Spent Online:8 minutes
Total Posts:317 posts

essex boy

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 08:03:00 pm »
All finally deleted,thanks.
However it took 3 and 1/2 days and over 300 posts
He will be back as this forum is now seen as a soft touch.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 06:13:39 pm »
I was trying to leave a review for my last sun holiday but it won't let me it keeps saying date isn't valid as it's in the past but it wasn't????

We want your feedback!

What do you want to see on Club950 next? Follow this link to let us know!