East Mersea, Mersea Island, Essex, CO5 8TJ
Explore this park:
When you want to get away from it all, cross the causeway to Mersea Island and visit Coopers Beach for a holiday to remember. With direct access to the beach, and close to the Blackwater Estuary, both beach enthusiasts and nature lovers will be in their element here. So, grab your camera, because whether you want to enjoy traditional seaside activities or take a walk to spot migrating birds, you'll want to capture the moment.
Kids' clubs: Star Tots (4 and under); Star Landers (5-10 years)
Heated indoor and outdoor pools
Boathouse Bar & Restaurant
Free Wi-Fi in designated areas
Selected pet-friendly accommodation
All this is included as standard in your accommodation: TV with Freeview; gas or electric cooker; microwave.
1. If travelling southbound on the M11, take the exit slip road and stay in the left two lanes for Stansted Colchester A120
2. Continue to follow the A120 and at the roundabout signposted Witham B1018 take the second exit
3. Upon entering Cressing (signposted) take the immediate left turn followed by the first right turn onto Boars Tye Road. Follow this road for 7.5 miles and at the T junction turn left for Colchester/Tiptree B1022
4. Take the right turn for Tolleshunt D'Arcy B1023, and at the mini-roundabout take the first exit for Brook Road. At the end of the road at the T junction, turn left for B1026
5. Continue to follow the B1026 and turn right for Mersea B1025 and take first exit for East Mersea when entering Mersea Island
6. Continue to follow East Mersea Road before turning right onto Church Lane, where Coopers Beach Holiday Park will be on your left further up this road
The nearest bus stop is a 5 minute walk away, located at the T junction of East Road. This bus stop is serviced by Hedingham, providing return routes into Colchester and East Mersea via the 69 and 69A bus services.
Wivenhoe station is the closest to park, serving Greater Anglia Trains. This station is a 13 mile drive (around 30 minutes) away. The main lines from this station cover destinations such as Walton on the Naze, Clacton on Sea, Colchester and London Liverpool Street.
London Stansted Airport is around 37 miles from park, or an hours drive time if travelling by car. You can fly into London Stansted from Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow Guernsey and Kerry Airports.
Service Charge £7.25 per unit per night
Entertainment+ Passes £3.25 per person per £9.50 break, £4.25 per person per £15 break - Passes FREE on breaks starting Mar 23, Jun 15, 22, Sep 28, Oct 5
Dog Friendly £25.00 per dog
Peak Date Supplement: £3.50 per person per break Apr 3, 17, May 15, 29, Jun 26, Jul 3, 10, Aug 31, Sep 4, Oct 30; £6 per person per break Apr 6, 10, 13, Jul 17, Aug 28, Oct 19, 23, 26
PAY ONLY £9.50 Mar 16, Apr 20, 27, May 4, Oct 12, Nov 2
PAY ONLY £15.00 Jun 1, 8
Gaze into the eyes of a majestic lion or come face-to-face with a humongous komodo dragon at one of the country's most popular wildlife attractions.
A little spot of tranquility on Mersea Island, this nature reserve and sandy beach are the perfect place to simply stop and relax.
Europe's largest Norman castle is packed with treasures from Colchester's past - Neolithic pottery, ancient jewellery and the finest Roman vase ever found in Britain.
We've teamed up with hundreds of local, UK attractions in the areas of our holiday parks to give our bookers bargain entry to some great attractions.
Click here to find out what offers are available.